Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Promoted!

Greetings friends. Most of you know that I recently finished my classes through Liberty. I was also recently promoted to 1st LT, and given the opportunity to "pin" the cross on my uniform. As a Chaplain Candidate, I did not wear the cross of the Christian Chaplain, but since I was assessed and completed all the required "stuff," I was able to pin on the crosses. It was a really cool moment. The two Chaplains who helped out were CH (MAJ) Dave Bowlus and CH (MAJ) Doug Prentice. Both have had an impact in my preparation for this ministry, so it was really exciting to have them participate. I was issued my new oath of office by Major General (Ret) Dees, who was conducting some training for the C&MA Chaplains on PTSD. It was amazing training!

All in all, things are going well. The movers come tomorrow, so stuff is a little crazy. Two blessings to report: 1) Our house is sold! Well, we accepted an offer. The house will be sold when we close on the 30th of September. 2) Post housing is available. At least for now. There are three homes in which to choose. Just pray that no one takes all of them before I arrive for in-processing in just over a week. Since they are refurbishing the homes, it will take a month to get in them, but we are thankful that it is only a month as the initial estimates were 2-3 months.

Things are moving right along. Thanks for your continued encouragement and your prayers.

Rob

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rob! I am glad to hear you made it through your final two classes. Good luck with the new mission God has charged you with. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Zachary