Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baptism by Fire.....Ants?

Yes, you read correctly. Actually, my first two days have not been too bad. Yesterday was my first day and I showed up for PT only to find out that there was a special brigade run scheduled. As a result, there was a formation at one of the parade fields just down the road from my house. Fortunately, I showed up in time to run with the whole brigade! It was really fun. Unfortunately, during the formation, I spent some time standing on an ant hill. Fire ants are interesting. Their sting/bite starts very "itchy," and later swells up and really kind of hurts. I may go see the doc tomorrow if it doesn't look any better. I would post a picture, but...well, it's not pretty.

We are starting to get a little more settled. Katie has already gotten involved in helping lead the worship time at PWOC. PWOC is an organization that has Bible studies on many military posts. I am excited that she has an outlet and a place to connect with other Christian women. The boys are doing well too. Our next door neighbors have a four year old who really enjoys spending time with Nat. He has some other friends as well too. Actually, Nat has transitioned really well.

Just a short update. Thanks again for your interest in our lives and your prayers. Continue praying for the family as we continue to get settled.

Blessings,

Rob

2 comments:

Joe... said...

Hey Rob. Sorry that I miised your call yesterday. I was in one of my classes (Revelation). Great course! Anyway, today I came to your site to see what was happening with the Olsens. What a blessing to see how God has continue to move barriers and divinely connect the dots! So glad to hear about the house and your stuff and most importantly that your family is together! Know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joe

Chaplain Jeff Mason said...

Hey Battle!
I hope all is well with you. I havent talked to you in a while. The ministry is going good. I just got back from a 3 day battlefield circulation and got to see a lot of stuff. Send me an email so I can add you to my list for updates