Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Change in Plans

Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

While certainly not a huge problem, it doesn't look like I'll be going to jump school this fall. More than likely I will extend the practicum at Fort Leonard Wood about a week and head to an Emergency Medical Ministry training for two weeks later in the summer. Actually, while I hope to still go to jump school, it is probably better that I go after I assess to active duty. Beyond the disappointment, I am really excited about this two week training.

Outside of those details, I am also hoping to start some ministry with a local reserve unit. As a member of the IRR, I am not attached to a unit so the ministry I do with this group of soldiers will be on a volunteer basis. Some details need to be worked out so I will keep you posted, but be praying that the Lord opens this door. At this point, these soldiers do not have a chaplain, so I would be the only one to provide religious support to them. We'll see what the Lord does.

Other than the bummer of the Packers losing, all is well on the home front. Thanks for your prayers and support.


Rob

1 comment:

Dave said...

Rob,

I grew up in Manalapan, about 5 minutes from Monmouth Battlefield State Park. I actually went to church in Lincroft, which is pretty close to Ft. Monmouth and I had a bunch of friends from youth group who went to Monmouth Regional. Some of them were military kids who had dad's stationed there. What year did you graduate? I graduated in 96. If you graduated anywhere from 94-98 we probably know some of the same people.