Saturday, July 21, 2007

A date and a time

Saturday, August 4, 2007 at 7:00. This is the date and time that I will be commissioned into the Army. My parents are coming up so my dad can issue me the oath of office, where I commit to upholding the constitution among other things. A really good friend of mine from High School, who is a Sergeant in the Pennsylvania National Guard will be here to give me my first salute. He is also picking me up a set of ACU's (Army Combat Uniform), so I can be commissioned "in style." It is a really exciting time. Initially, we were looking at the end of August, but since my paperwork came so quickly, we are going to do it more quickly. This will get me in the "books" so I can get my orders, get my ID and talk with the Chaplain Candidate Manager about training opportunities this next year.

It is an exciting time and will be an exciting year.

By the way, a week or so ago, I asked readers to post about their success, or lack there of, with their cell phone companies. Well, although I think I only had one response, and this was through another site, we decided to go with AT&T. So, now my wife and I both have a phone. No we did not get an i-phone. While it is a little more a month than we were paying for one phone, it is a necessity since I will be away sometime this year for training. If, by any chance, anyone reading this is interested in switching to AT&T, let me know so I can get some $$$ for a referral.

Thanks for reading,

Rob

3 comments:

Amy said...

Woo hoo!! Steve and I are SO excited for you, Rob!!! ;)

Barb said...

I found my way over here by way of Amy and Dave's sites. Best wishes as you prepare to begin your career as an Army Chaplain. Thank you sooo much for your service, and for wanting to take care of our troops!!

Cathy Warner said...

Rob,

Great to see you at the game Friday night, we were there until the fireworks started at 11:45. What a game, 13 innings. What noble and courageous calling by God. I will you the best, and count on me and my family as one of your stateside prayer warriors.

Bless you and your family,
Neil, Cathy, Natalie, and Lynsey Warner