Thursday, July 26, 2007

God

Yeah, a lot could be wrapped up in a title like, "God." I have been taking a systematic theology course for the past 5-6 weeks. It has been intense, but it has been good. The more I learn about my God, the more I am in awe that he would fellowship with me, a sinner. You see, one thing I wrestle with is the plan of God. Actually, I am writing my final paper on the plan of God, and while I am learning a lot, I still wrestle with the "unknowns." It is those "unknowns" that I believe the enemy uses to stifle me. The "unknowns" of whether or not I am making the proper choices or whether or not I may disappoint someone who trusts me. And in my struggling, I sometimes get so focussed on me I lose sight of the fact that while my God is the almighty and powerful God, he is also a God who cares about me. He knows my fears and my struggles and he walks with me through them. Then I slowly start resting in God and the fact that His plan will go forth.

As we wrestle with better understanding God's plans, I found out today that in all likelihood I will be attending the September CHOBLC class. (Sorry Dave, I was looking forward to meeting you. We'll get together sometime.) I was hoping to do a practicum first, but the Chaplain Candidate Manager wants me to attend CHOBLC before I do a practicum. Then I asked if I could still get into the September class. He said, "Sure." Wow! I can't quite express how excited and overwhelmed I am about this opportunity. It seems almost too unreal to be real. Add this to the fact that my wonderful wife will give birth to our second son about two weeks before I go and things get pretty intense. As we have talked though, we just feel that this is a good time for me to do my training. Liberty will give me nine hours of credit and both my parents and my wife's parents have helped us devise a plan that will keep one of them with her for most of the time I am gone. Actually it is a little better than going in the winter because she will have some maternity time left to actually go and live with her folks for awhile. That, on top of not worrying about the possibility of her getting stuck in the snow one day while I am a few hundred miles away makes this a really great time to go.

Yes, I serve a good and all powerful God. He created all things from nothing and he called me to be adopted as his son. He provided me with the most wonderful woman in the world for a wife and I have the greatest son, soon to be sons, in the world too. What an awesome blessing it is to know God!


Rob

No comments: