Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Family

We're in Tennessee this week visiting family. Although we've seen my family pretty regularly, we have not visited here in about a year and a half. It is good to be here just chilling out.

As a nice surprise, we just got a call from my brother-in-law. He is an Army doctor deployed to Iraq and while either heading to or from work noticed the line for the free phone calls was pretty short, so he stopped to give us a call. I guess, there are free phone calls offered a couple days a month and while there is usually a long line, today he just stepped right in line and made the call. It was pretty amazing to hear how clear the line was. There was no delay and no crackling. At one point I thought I lost the call, but he was back within a couple of seconds. Thanks to whomever pays for those calls! It was nice to chat with him and hear how he is doing.

It is good to have such a great relationship with all my family! We are truly blessed.


Rob

No comments: