Friday, June 29, 2007

"Why We Fight"

If you've ever seen "Band of Brothers" produced by HBO, there is a DVD entitled "Why We Fight." Not to ruin it for you, but in this dvd E Company comes upon a Jewish prison/death camp. During the video, they release the Jews and have the local people bury the dead. The implication of the title suggests that one of the reasons we were over there was to rid the world of the horrific tyranny of Adolf Hitler, eventually freeing the Jews and others that were being killed by the Nazi's.

I think how it is always important to remember why we do what we do. It's easy to lose perspective in the chaos of life. I was listening to "i-tunes" radio tonight. I found a radio station out of southern California, KWVE. The songs were simple worship songs from different eras, but they reminded me of the awesomeness of serving Jesus. I must admit, today was an overwhelming day, but here I am, at 11:44 pm, trying to get some more work done, listening to the great worship on a radio station a couple thousand miles away. I don't know about you, but sometimes I get stressed about trying to accomplish all that's on my plate and tonight Jesus just decided to show up and remind me that it's not about the specific ministry I do or about the grade I get or don't get, it's all about Him. Life is about worshiping and serving Jesus! What an amazing opportunity I have to worship God! I am blessed.


Rob

1 comment:

John Cook said...

I ave thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog..would love to hear more from you...do you know when you are going to CHBOLC? I will be heading to FT Jackson next summer. If you get the chance in the midst of raising children and spending time with your wife, would love to email with you...my email is jec530@bellsouth.net. Look forward to hearing from you.