Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Made It!

Well, we are officially in, but not yet. So, I was approved by the Chaplain Boards for the Chaplain Candidate program. I'm not "in" because I still have to take my oath of office officially making me a 2 Lt. in the Army. Even though I'm not "in" yet, I talked with the Chaplain Candidate manager and we are already discussing the fall practicum I would like to do. The Army year starts on the first of October so I wouldn't be able to go out to Fort Carson until the middle of October. That's not bad at all. I would have a month and a half home after Fort Carson and then I would head to Fort Jackson in January! We are really excited and very thankful for this opportunity. If you think about it, please pray for this summer and fall. I have so much to try and accomplish. But I am confident that it can get done!

The crest to the right of this post is the Army Chaplain Crest. Pro Deo et Patria means "For God and Country." What an exciting journey ahead. Thanks for all your prayers so far. We are excited to see God work in our lives this year.

Thanks!

Rob

4 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats Rob!!!

I'm in too, so I guess I'll see you in January.

Amy Bell said...

AWESOME! Will be praying for you.

Jen R. said...

Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get to meet you someday!

Patti N said...

Congratulations, Rob.

Amy and I did CIMT and Phase 1 of CH-BOLC in Jan-Feb, and I'm finishing it up in the Fall.

I have been a chaplain's wife for 11 years, so if your wife has questions or just wants to correspond, please tell her to email me at jimmyandpatricia@yahoo.com.

(I just graduated from seminary, so I am free as a bird and would love to correspond!!)