Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving and Capstone

I flew home last week for Thanksgiving. It was really great to see the family after a little more than two months away. I took my son to his first hockey game. For some reason, ever since he has seen the movie "Miracle," he has loved hockey. He had a great time! We stayed for about half the game. I was a little surprised to see six fights in the first period. It was pretty crazy, but we had fun.

After getting back from the weekend, we went to the field for "Capstone." It was great! It is basically designed to allow us an opportunity to practice what we have learned so far. As I said, it was a great time!

I can't tell you how great it is to be here. We have a small class in comparison to other classes. We have only 44 in our class. The summer had over 150! The size has created an opportunity to make some great relationships. I must say, our class has some really great Chaplains in it! I look forward to serving with these individuals in the not so distant future. Only two weeks left until I get to go home. I can't wait to get back to my amazing wife and two sons.

Blessings,

Rob

2 comments:

zack said...

Glad you got to go home for a spell and get a little buddy time ; )

Dave said...

Thanks Rob