Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's Time!

It's time! I hope. I am scheduled for MEPS tomorrow. To update: MEPS stands for Military Entrance Processing Station. It's like the most intense physical anyone could ever go through. Lord willing I will get through and there will be no problems.

Once I get through MEPS, the process really gets going. After MEPS, my packet of information gets sent to the Chief of Chaplains. He and a board of Chaplains decide whether or not to accept me as a Chaplain Candidate. If I am accepted I will be sworn in as a 2 Lt. and I begin my time in the Army. This is where it gets exciting! After getting commissioned, I can do other things. I can hook up with a reserve unit or an Army Post and "shadow" a chaplain for up to 45 days a year. I can apply to do a Clinical Pastoral Education module for 75 days at an Army hospital. But best of all, I will be set to complete phase 1 of Chaplains Officers Basic Leadership Course. This is a six week course designed to teach Army protocol, Basic Army skills, and an introduction to the Army Chaplaincy. If my packet gets to the boards by April, I am hoping to go through this course in June. If it doesn't, then I will probably not go until next year. But that's ok! We know God's got a plan and we just want to trust in Him! The first step. Get through MEPS. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rob

1 comment:

Jason Fletcher said...

Praying for you this morning, bro.