Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Process

Here we are. For some reason the Army doesn't like my gall stones. I don't know why. But I am in the process of working that out.

The good news! I thought, for some crazy reason, that I would have to go to Phase One, the first six weeks of Officers Basic for Chaplains, before I could take part in other potential Chaplain training. See, as a Chaplain Candidate, I can work up to 45 days a year as a "shadow" of Active Duty Chaplains. And I get paid! Well, I just assumed that I would have to go and learn all the Army protocol stuff before they would allow me to do this. I was wrong. I don't have to go to Phase One before doing this "shadowing." That is Great! You see, I would really would like to apply to do what is called, Introductory CPE, with the Army. That is Clinical Pastoral Education, (more acronyms) CPE is hospital chaplain training. Introductory CPE is a short 10 week course that is available to Chaplain Candidates at a couple Army Hospitals. I am hoping to apply to this course which takes place from January to March at Fort Sam Houston. I am excited to know that as long as I eventually get through MEPS, I could apply to this without having to worry about Phase One right now!

Anyway, this is a definite praise for my process. It gives me hope that I can still start my military career even if I don't go to CHOBLC this summer! That is exciting. Now, we are praying that I get through this physical. I don't think anything is really wrong with me, but I have to get through MEPS before anything else can happen. Fortunately, God's timing is perfect! We know that whatever He has in store for Katie and I is better than anything we could dream up. We'll continue to wait on Him, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

Rob

No comments: