Tuesday, May 1, 2007

God's Sovereignty

We took a step back yesterday in this process of joining the Army, but the door is not shut yet. I was Disqualified by MEPS. Meaning, the Military Entrance Processing Station doctors did not feel I met the medical qualifications to be in the US Army. So, what's next? My medical packet is sent to an Army doctor. He reviews the records and I believe he reviews my potential job function to see if the medical condition will adversely affect my ability to complete my job in any type of location, meaning both in a combat and non-combat situation. He can then either choose to waive my condition and allow me in the Army or he can permanently disqualify me from the Army. All I have to say is, we'll see what God does. I serve a God who created the everything from nothing. If it is His desire I serve in the Army, than I am not going to sit back and worry about it. It will happen. If He, in His infinite wisdom, knows that I will function in the Body of Christ more effectively somewhere else, than who am I to get in the way of God?

Certainly, there will be disappointment since I am still human. But, I am confident of what the Scripture says, He is faithful to complete the work He began in me. I have a pastor friend and mentor who shared with me on the phone the other day. He basically encouraged me that God has way too much invested in my wife and I to have us sit on the shelf. And so, we confidently ask God to continue to lead, knowing that He loves us and has a perfect plan for our lives.

If you are reading this and you are a follower of Christ, I ask that you just take a second and pray for us. Pray that I will be open to the movement of God in our lives, whether that is in the Army as a Chaplain, or as the pastor of a local church, or wherever. I want to serve my God and use my gifts for His glory!

Thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers.

Rob

2 comments:

Jason Fletcher said...

praying for you, brother.

Dave said...

Just prayed for you man.