Thursday, September 13, 2007

Amidst the Chaos

Wow, what a day. I am packing and trying to get everything worked out that needs to be. It is hard to pack for three months of "unknown." I know I will be purchasing uniforms which will be the main set of clothing I will use once the program begins, but I am also bringing clothes for the weekend and for other things too. Not only that, but I have a change of seasons to consider. While fall in South Carolina is not harsh, it will still be cooler than it is right now. So that makes things a bit more challenging.

All in all, things are going well. We got Katie's ID today down at the local Army Reserve building so she is set to be able to access the things like the post commissary if she so desires. Although, we don't really live near a post, but at least she has her ID.

The journey begins tomorrow. After a nice Bob Evans breakfast with the whole family I am driving my mom back to Tennessee and will then head to Fort Jackson on Saturday. I am scheduled to check in on Saturday afternoon. That leaves Sunday to do some grocery shopping and have some final chill time before the excitement begins at 14:45 Sunday afternoon.

We certainly appreciate your prayers. It will be challenging in ways we don't even know yet, but we know that God is always with us and always there to comfort us.

Thanks for reading,

Rob Olson

2 comments:

rob said...

I pray that God will bless you in your calling. Good luck and Ft. Jackson.

Dave said...

Wow, you must be excited. I'm already excited and it's still another 4 months for me. I'll be praying for you.