Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Here!

I have arrived at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. I dropped my mom off yesterday in Maryville, TN and left this morning to make my way to Fort Jackson. I got here at about 4:00 or so and immediately met another "recruit." We headed over to the "BOQ" (hotel) and got settled. We then took a jog together and went over to have some dinner at the Post Exchange (basically a Wal-Mart on the Post). It has been a fun filled day.

Although I hit some traffic in the Pigeon Forge area, I did find a great little barbecue place. It was pretty good for fast food. I then drove on I-40 through the mountains of eastern TN and western NC. Wow were they beautiful! I tried to get some pictures, but it was kind of difficult.

The fun begins tomorrow. I am heading over with Joe, the other Chaplain Candidate I met, to the Protestant Chapel service tomorrow. It should be fun. Then on to the Commissary to fill the fridge.

I'm trying to upload pictures, but something is not working. I may have to shrink the size of my pictures. We'll see. Stay tuned for more.

Rob

1 comment:

Ole said...

Rob, I am so proud of you and your pursuit to follow where God wants you to go. I will pray for you daily.

Your Dad