Saturday, September 29, 2007

Still Here

While my internet is still no allowing me to post pictures, I am still here. This past week was full of very exciting activities. Last Saturday we repelled off of a really large tower. It was a lot of fun! We also participated in a confidence course where we were challenged to take part in different activities that challenged our potential fears of heights. These required a lot of team work and a lot of patience. They were challenging, but very fun. Probably the most memorable experience was the gas mask experience. Let's just say it was not a very enjoyable experience. While it was great to know that our masks work properly, taking them off in a room of tear gas and trying to say your name was not a good time. I was unofficially "awarded" the largest spit/snot glob coming from my nose and mouth as I left the gas room. Not quite an award that I take pride in, but hey, I sure am glad it's over.

I also just purchased a plane ticket to head home for Thanksgiving. While it's a long time away, it was important to take care of now. It will be great to see them and to spend the holiday with them.

All in all, things are going well. I really appreciate all your prayers. God has been really faithful in encouraging me and providing for my family.

Rob

4 comments:

Jason Fletcher said...

Glad you survived the gas mask training--snot glob and all. Praying for you, buddy.

Cathy Warner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy Warner said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. It was nice to see you at the Wizard's game and catch up. You have a beautiful family, and all of you will be kept in our prayers. Talk to you soon. Neil Warner and Family.

Wayne said...

Rob, look forward to meeting you if you're down at Fort Jackson when I arrive for phase II and III.