Sunday, September 9, 2007

One Week Away...

Well, I am one week from reporting to Fort Jackson. I'm certainly not too sure what the first few days will look like, but I am really pumped.

Yesterday was our last Sunday at our church. While I am not heading to active duty after Chaplain's Basic, (I have five more classes to take this winter and spring) Katie and I felt that it would be better to leave my position before I headed for training. We have been at our church for five years and during those five years God has taught us so much about himself and about serving Him. We have so many relationships through our church family who love us and whom I know will be praying for us as we begin this journey into the Army.

The kids are both doing well and while I was hoping to get a paper for ordination completed this week, it seems that the craziness of getting ready to go will put the paper on hold. We'll see.

Rob

No comments: